A healthy lifestyle comes from small choices. The kind of choices we can make every day. One healthy choice takes you one step closer to a healthy life.
Follow these easy tips to do just that!
- Take the stairs This is a classic, and for a good reason. Did you know that walking the stairs burns twice as many calories as walking on a flat surface? So when you’re going to work or shopping, take the stairs instead of the lift or escalator. This small choice will definitely pay off!
- Grab a fruit instead We all get a sweet tooth sometimes. You may feel you could devour a bag of sweets, but stay firm and choose a fruit instead. Bananas and mandarins, for example, are often so sweet that the craving may disappear altogether.
- Listen to your stomach A buffet lunch can be tempting, but before you realise, you’ll have way too much food on your plate. And then you’ll feel quite uncomfortable afterwards. Sound familiar? Next time, take a little less of everything and eat a bit more slowly. This will help you eat just the right amount.
- Enjoy and exercise We all love good music or watching your favourite TV show. But what’s stopping you from looking after your heart at the same time? So get up off the sofa and move about once in a while. Do a little walk or dance a bit! Every little helps.
- Spice up your life Give those spices in the kitchen cupboard a chance. Release the chef inside you and create a dish with your personal twist. The more you use spices, the less you’ll need salt. Another choice that your heart will thank you for.